26.9.11

sonntag's gebet

thy kingdom come, let me be its ambassador.
give me eyes to see what breaks your heart and into which slots i'm meant to slip.
open my eyes to my purpose here; let me not only find a path but walk it well.
send me an odysseus, my grey eyes are roving, madcap minds matched.
one of him or droves of them, and remind me that they are mortal.
let me know you like lucy and her lion... be so near; forgive me my deaf ears and grasping hands.
tune my heart, tune it daily. teach me to sing your songs.
i would be a parrot for you.
don't let me be spread so thin that i disappear.
save me from myself and my vices; the more i am bored, the duller my world becomes.
i can never get near enough; i am my own stumbling stone.
give me a desire to do everything with integrity, and a respect for my duties.
even the inane, give me the joy that was once mine.
help me show people i love them, even when i can't choose them all.
and help me peel back the layers of those i choose.
guide my hands and heart.
help me be wise with my money without being fearful,
please provide when i choose what i know my heart and family's hearts need.
i am sorely tempted to forsake them for security's sake and i am sorely tempted
toward anger with them for giving me stability with one hand
and taking it away with the other.
let me find the beauty i seek, make and find.
use me for what i was made to do,
use me as who i was made to be.
i love thee. draw me close.